Notifications
Clear all

Gravelrace WIP

Lugnegard
(@lugnegard)
Topic starter  

A little wip of my contribution straight from Max, no post yet (so a ton of work left). Wonderful process, so much fun, love doing stuff from scratch! The hotrods are designed from a white paper and modelled in Maya and then imported and textured in Max. The modelling took a couple of days, very straight forward polymodelling. Lit with one HDRI using Vray. The set is built all in Max using mostly Forest Pack with assets from Vizpark, Evermotion and Megascan. The boys come from Renderpeople.
Left to be done is race graphics, which will be a mix of composite maps and photoshop, and small detail on the cars. Really looking forward to bring it into PS and start messing around with colors and textures.

Gravelrace WIP

Serhii reacted
Lugnegard
(@lugnegard)
Topic starter  

I thought I would share some of the process as well. The modelling was very straight forward. The car was basically designed on the back of an old bill, very simple sketch and then modelled in Maya over the week-end without any special tools.

Gravelrace WIP
Gravelrace WIP
Gravelrace WIP

ReplyQuote
Lugnegard
(@lugnegard)
Topic starter  

I made a five spoke version of the well known Volk wheels. Really like the simplicity of the design but feels like having five spokes instead of six.

Gravelrace WIP
Gravelrace WIP
Gravelrace WIP

ReplyQuote
Lugnegard
(@lugnegard)
Topic starter  

A couple of the renderes from keyshot just to evaluate the design. I do this several times during my design process since it gives me a really good understanding and how the idea is developing. It's superfast and allows for a very direct and responsive way to understand and correct proportions and stance.

Gravelrace WIP
Gravelrace WIP

ReplyQuote
Lugnegard
(@lugnegard)
Topic starter  

Being a huge fan of well machined parts I feel like it would be cool to spend some extra time on the suspension parts. They will probably not show up that much in the final rendering, but I know I will be making more images after the competition is done so why not 🙂

Gravelrace WIP
Gravelrace WIP
Gravelrace WIP
Gravelrace WIP
Gravelrace WIP
Gravelrace WIP

Serhii reacted
ReplyQuote
Lugnegard
(@lugnegard)
Topic starter  

Most parts finished, for once a project that went fairly smooth.

Gravelrace WIP
Gravelrace WIP
Gravelrace WIP

Serhii reacted
ReplyQuote