To Serve and to Protect-Car challenge 2021 Hum3D_Krzysztof Levin  

Page 1 / 2 Next
  RSS

krislevin
27/09/2021 8:41 pm  

Hello everyone! My name is Krzysztof Levin and Im a concept art student based in Sweden, Scandinavia. To start things off, I want to point out that I´m very excited to be part of this contest. Really excited. Its a real challenge, with a steep learning curve that will surely push me to the limits, while giving me an insight into a process of carmaking and modeling, giving me the opportunity to wear many hats during this production. And that´s what drew me to it.

So, I Will be creating a concept car with an additional character for it, and this will be based purely on imagination and the usual car rules that apply. This will be a flying vehicle that can both hover, fly and go on roads. 

The theme is "to serve and to protect". 

For this challenge I will be using Blender, Photoshop, and Substance Painter.I havent figured out the render engine yet, but that I think will come with time. Octane is somewhat on my mind. We´ll see. Not only will I be able to extend my modeling skills, but also texturing, lightning and rendering. And that I think is a reward in itself. I go in with hope that I will be able to do my best, and give you

perhaps something you will like. Let´s hope.

I have envisioned it a little with a top concept drawing. Sorry about the crude image, it was very fast rendered, but it gives me a good sense and idea of what it can become. OF course there will be some changes to it throughout the journey, there always is, but this is the 

main idea. 

Dont be afraid to write comments, or critique or to just say hello. I won´t bite, I promise. Thank you for visiting my forum thread, and let´s go to work on this machine. Thank you and have a nice day!

Cheers, Kris.

Don´t worry, press ENTER, and it will create itself!:)

madmatt and Serhii liked
ReplyQuote
krislevin
27/09/2021 8:50 pm  

References are so important. Vital almost. It is a flow of creative blood and a visual idea base for any artistic project. I selected these images to draw inspiration from, and to infuse ideas, shapes, colors, concepts of many of todays most beautiful cars into my mind.  This is a sheet of it for you to see. I use pureref for this purpose which I think is a great reference tool that is pretty much free. Enjoy! Thank you!

madmatt and PWM-Gr1zzy liked
ReplyQuote
PWM-Gr1zzy
Eminent Member
28/09/2021 7:55 am  

Looks like a nice heap of work. 

Good luck and looking forward to seeing what will come of it! 

Pixworth Media

ReplyQuote
krislevin
28/09/2021 4:18 pm  

Thank you brother! I appreciate it! Good luck to you too!!!!:)

PWM-Gr1zzy liked
ReplyQuote
krislevin
29/09/2021 3:59 pm  

Hello! I´ve worked on the frame, and its slowly getting there bit by bit. It was important to catch the shapes of the vehicle right at the start. Its alot of fun, and creating the feeling of the concept is my priority so I have a good strong foundation of the hull. It´s really just moving and transforming polygons, and reading the shapes from all angles. It is important to note that some shapes might change as I go along. Nothing is written in stone yet. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
krislevin
02/10/2021 11:48 pm  

Hello! Here are some images on the ongoing progress. I gave myself a few descriptive words like bulky, agressive, futuristic, safe etc. in order to get more into the design. After studying jetfighters and sportscars I decided to somewhat base this vehicle and merry those two in order to fuse them into one concept. Atm Im only placing geometry and trying to read design language from all views in order for it to work. Im not worried about topology or connections between shapes yet, just the overall foundation and how it reads to me. Im also creating landmarks for diffrent parts, like engine at the back, cockpit glass, front part and diffrent small parts that will connect the whole at the end. If its gets to crowded I will filter what´s really needed and get rid of those spare parts. It´s very rewarding to just work on these elements at the beginning of the process. I´m using cycles to render these atm. but I´m very into Octane, so perhaps the final image will be rendered in that engine. We will see. I like the way it handles light. The whole project is a  learning experience for sure. This is my first car so bear with me. Since the jetfighter influence is big here,after this I will be working on the cockpit in this police vehicle. It will be very similiar to those planes, like f16 for example, because it is also a flying vehicle, and a joystick makes more sense for the design and gear theme from those jets inside of it. For the character I have a vauge idea, it will be female, and there also will be two drones hovering at the back. I wont go into details, but the idea is morphing itself into something I think would be cool. Thank you for stopping by!

Cheers, Kris. 

ReplyQuote
krislevin
07/10/2021 10:22 pm  

A little update on her helmet.  I brought in a human skull and started to work around it.I´m halfway there with it. I went for the high tech feel because of the nature of the car, and that this is actually from the future and in high altitudes she will need a helmet to get air etc. I really enjoyed modeling this. Im not really sure about the environment yet, but some kind of a police station roof. Perhaps at night with rain, nice lightning, or daylight with a nice sun. What do you think?

Front view

Edited: 2 weeks  ago

ReplyQuote
krislevin
14/10/2021 6:22 pm  

yeah, so Im working a little on the drones. Im getting those together. Doing some work in the background on the location and some composition cameras for the final image. Ive also done some extensive overpaints for the car, getting it into a better direction, while keeping the overall shapes and features.

Edited: 1 week  ago

PWM-Gr1zzy liked
ReplyQuote
krislevin
14/10/2021 8:05 pm  

An image with overpaint and what I have in my mind. Added a canon on top, for flares, smoke grenades etc.

PWM-Gr1zzy liked
ReplyQuote
krislevin
18/10/2021 9:01 pm  

Hi:) Well, The drone is out, almost done with it, and I gave it a little push, because I wanted to create a bar for myself for future creative work on this contest. I need to shift gears. I tried to follow a design language that belonged to the drone and the overall style. Modelling it was a lot of fun, figuring it out the diffrent parts and features, etc. for it. Blender is great for that type of work. Texturing phase will come at the end for all assets. I really tried to get it as detailed as possible, even though we will only see one side of it, or perhaps two sides, depending on my environment work that I´m carefully planning in my mind. I´m thinking "windowed mirrors". We´ll see, it´s still in progress. Next, I will probably work on the car, and commit to the paint overs I did for it. I asked the HUM3D personnel whether a canon on the car is ok, and a rifle for the character, and they "ok-eyed" it, so I´m sort of happy about that. All in all I´m content with the process and it is a steep learning experience for sure. I hope you guys like it:)

Edited: 4 days  ago

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2 Next

Working

Please Login or Register