SpaceRover Challenge - Late bird
Here is my final update. I had entered this challenge 3 weeks ago and last days I don't have much time for test renders, but as for me, the result is pretty satisfying.
For me, this challenge, first of all, was a chance better to learn Houdini and first of all modeling in Houdini. Here I'll attach collage of some nodes branches. Mostly I've used hard surface and booleans techniques for robot and heightfield nodes for the environment. As I predicted before I haven't time to make retopology so I used Houdini poly reduce and auto uv nodes. That's why topology is messy and mostly triangulated. Plant and some stones geometry I take from amazing Megascans assets. HDRI map and cloudy sky in the final compose are from HDRI Haven. Rendered with native Houdini Mantra render.
Textured in Substance painter, the process was shown in my previous posts.
For post-process and compose I used Fusion in Davinci resolve. And finally, I decided to flip the final image. I think it looks better different way.
So I'm grateful to everyone who watched this WIP, I hope you enjoyed.
Going to upload my submission.