Space Rover 2020 Challenge - Vexus Sol 250-ex

Page 1 / 6

FIRA
 FIRA
(@fiki94)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hello everyone,

I can say i am really happy that i am starting to work on this project for the Space Rover Challenge. It's been a long time since the last challenge and that's why i am excited about it.
Project: INTO THE UNKNOWN
In this challenge i was thinking about creating some huge explorer vehicle. In the past couple of months i started to work on my artbook and all that research and references gave me the idea to use them for this challenge to create this vehicle that i named Vexus. It is going to be part of my post-apocalyptic world that i am developing for my artbook and i said why not using it for this challenge. I think it will be awesome to present what i am working on for the past couple of months. I already drew some sketches of the vehicle, just a overall look of the vehicle and it's features. There is more to the design and the story of this project, but i will soon release a video introduction for this project and explain everything in detail.
I hope you like the starting idea and the way it is going to develop 😉

Serhii reacted
FIRA
 FIRA
(@fiki94)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Here is the video that i already mentioned in the previous update. In the video i am explaining the details of my project and for what kind of scene i am aiming for.
Hum3d Space Rover Challenge 2020 - Episode One

Serhii reacted
ReplyQuote
FIRA
 FIRA
(@fiki94)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I made the first simple block out of the model, just to adjust the scale of a vehicle and to give me better idea of how i can start model it.

ReplyQuote
FIRA
 FIRA
(@fiki94)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I started to model the parts of the vehicle. The first part i am modeling are vents for the engine, the reason i did not chose to create cabin first is because it is a little complicated part and i am still thinking of a way how to approach the modeling of cabin. I will slowly build up that front part and from there go to cabin modeling.

Serhii reacted
ReplyQuote
FIRA
 FIRA
(@fiki94)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Here i am with another update. I am still refining the vents for the engine. I will really go into details with this vehicle.

ReplyQuote
FIRA
 FIRA
(@fiki94)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Currently i am working on wheels. I like how the progress goes, but i still have a lot to do to finish wheels. There is a pattern i want to add to the inside of the tire and also a support plate as armor but also as the holder for the automatized machine gun.

ReplyQuote
FIRA
 FIRA
(@fiki94)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Almost done with modeling wheels, just a few adjustments and i am finished.

art.nin reacted
ReplyQuote
FIRA
 FIRA
(@fiki94)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I recently started to model the front part of the vehicle where the cabin is. I think this will be the most complicated part to fit in with other parts.

ReplyQuote
FIRA
 FIRA
(@fiki94)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Another update, just to show you progress so far with all the parts that i created. I think that this is pretty much the scale that i am going for.

ReplyQuote
FIRA
 FIRA
(@fiki94)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Slowly refining that front part of the vehicle. Trying to get everything into place and keep the flow of the shapes that i want.

Serhii reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 6