Car Render Challenge 2017 - TVR Spitfire

Notifications
Clear all

konjaril
(@konjaril)
Topic starter  

Hey Everyone! This is Sunil here.

So! Total disclosure, i did not start this project with the intend of participating in this challenge. It just so happened that the recent news of the iconic TVR re-launch as the new griffin made me a bit anxious. Not because of my over bearing affinity towards the brand but with all due respect, i thought the new model was a tad under whelming. Not to say that i can do better, but i wanted to express myself. I started a series of not so serious rough scribbles in my notebook and got somewhere i could cure my anxiousness a bit. 

To top all of this, i have also been a bit out of focus from all my peers and the design world as most of my projects have been confidential. And BAM! the Rendering challenge by HUM3d came across. Now i know the vast-immense talent pool that dwells on the internet and also in this Forum. So needless to say i was nervous whether to participate and make a fool of myself as this is a rendering challenge rather than a car design challenge. But as the days passed by, all the gorgeous renders here only made me inspired. Hence i decided to take part. I worked most evenings for an hour to two on the rendering project. I finally finished it. So this is my version of the new era of TVR. 

Following are a series of images that shows my progress on my version on the relaunched TVR rendering. This design has nothing to do with the griffin, Hence i named it as the TVR Spitfire. The nomenclature comes from none other than the Super-marine Spitfire, which used to in a way remind me a lot about the old TVRs. Raw, Agile and Unapologetic about their appearance. I tried to blend the organic and mechanical together in the design. The following is the result.

The model is made in Rhinoceros and the renderings are done in Keyshot. And for the rendering i thought, as its inspiration comes from the Spitfire, why not include that too in the rendering. Some detail shots of the car :

I know i bored you with the montage , So henceforth its all about the design! I wish everyone the best of luck! I will add a few more progress images before the final render Submission. 🙂

Serhii reacted
konjaril
(@konjaril)
Topic starter  

Hey there, Adding a few more renders here.

And i just saw the previous post of mine... i Accidentally spelled it TVR 'griffin' than Griffith! That doesn't sound Serious. I apologize.( I hear peter laughing slowly 😉  )

Serhii reacted
ReplyQuote
konjaril
(@konjaril)
Topic starter  

Ok, So as i mentioned before, i modeled a super marine spitfire to be placed alongside my car model for a dramatic Final render.

Serhii reacted
ReplyQuote
konjaril
(@konjaril)
Topic starter  

The final rendering, for me is a daydream: A photo and video session of my TVR Spitfire alongside a Super-marine Spitfire airplane on its launch-day. So want to portray a behind-the-scene of the shoot. This includes some light equipment's and stands which you can see below:

Serhii reacted
ReplyQuote
konjaril
(@konjaril)
Topic starter  

Some in progress shots for the spitfire and the car

Serhii reacted
ReplyQuote
konjaril
(@konjaril)
Topic starter  

Now for final rendering scenes. I was fascinated with the idea of a chrome wrapped car as i used the material to study my model surface. Also the spitfire had a cool aluminum finished image on the internet. So i though of using the desert or a salt flat for the photo shoot set up.

But this didn't appeal a lot to me also the contest requires a modeled background. Hence i thought of an architectural back drop such as a wall for the scene set up.
 Hence the final set up looks like below. I am adding some details in PS and will upload the final render by tomorrow.

Serhii reacted
ReplyQuote
TimShakirov
(@timshakirov)

Nice work! Funny enough I also have a Spitfire and Bonneville salt flats in my scene. Guess I'll have to change an idea lol

ReplyQuote
konjaril
(@konjaril)
Topic starter  

Oh my! Dont you worry, i no longer have salt flats in my scene now. As for the spitfire, its a universally loved machine so the more the merrier . Why dont you use it? My render is all about the car anyway.  I look forward to seeing your render.

ReplyQuote
konjaril
(@konjaril)
Topic starter  

My final render. I had to touch it a bit with PS. Mainly the rivets on the plane body.

ReplyQuote