Car Render Challenge 2017 - Lamborghini Huracán Performante

Notifications
Clear all

SebJ
 SebJ
(@sebj)
Topic starter  

Hi, a newbie to the forum here, I thought I'd share my progress in creating a Lambo Huracán Performante. I'm modelling in Maya, and will be rendering in V-Ray.

I usually work in modelling aircraft interiors as part of the day job, but I'm looking to move in to car modelling and rendering to combine a couple of passions of mine! I hope you like my work!

suriel and Serhii reacted
SebJ
 SebJ
(@sebj)
Topic starter  

At the moment I'm probably not going to make the deadline, as I'm being fussy, and not really getting much time to work on this... But, (here come the excuses) I'd like to get a perfect model, and something I'm proud of, especially as it's the first car model I've attempted in about 12 years.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the challenge, anyway! Also sitting looking at photos of Huracans isn't too bad ;).

The front bumper is nearly finished, bonnet, roof, and the rear diffuser is finished. Next up is the sideskirt detailing/refining, light clusters, and the rear of the car. (Then a 1000 other things...).

Maxster and Alex reacted
ReplyQuote
Alex
 Alex
(@alex)
Eminent Member

Greetings, it's good! Maya I really like, I want to work in it, so the question is: in which version of Maya does your work and what version of it is better to install?

ReplyQuote
SebJ
 SebJ
(@sebj)
Topic starter  

Hi Alex,

Thank you very much! I'm currently working with Maya 2018. The LT version should be alright if you're just trying it out, it's got most of the basic features I think (most of the modelling and animation tools, anyway), though I've never tried it myself. Maya 2018 has got quite a few enhancements to the modelling tools which are proving to be really useful when modelling this car!

https://www.autodesk.co.uk/compare/compare-features/maya-vs-maya-lt

ReplyQuote