Car Render Challenge 2017 - Holden 50 2106

Notifications
Clear all

MitchBaileyCGI
(@mitchbaileycgi)
Topic starter  

Hey Everyone!

I'll be taking part in this years challenge, I'll try to keep a few updates here but most can be found on my website

My entry for the Hum3D challenge 2017 will be a tribute to our fallen local auto industry, which will officially cease to exist this Friday 20th October 2017.

Growing up in Australia you could say there's two types of families, and their blood bleeds either blue or red. I grew up in a red family, all of our vehicles were Holden and I was a devout Holden Fan, religiously following HRT in our local touring car series, and the Greats of local racing... Brock, Skaife, Lowndes etc.

I grew up aspiring to work in our car industry, to design and shape the future cars of this country. It lead me to pack up things as soon as I finished high school, move interstate to study Motorsport Engineering and work among some of the teams I had admired  for years. But as time went on the industry dwindled and dwindled to the point we find ourselves at today... so I never got my chance to shape the vehicles of future... but I can preserve the vehicles of our past, putting my CGI skills to the task to capture and tell a part of our history.

The 'Ute' is quintessentially Australian. The have been a fundamental part in forming our young country and our cultural identity. I hope to depict this in my piece with the first ute, the 1950 Holden 50 2106 FX ute.

Cheers,

Mitch

makit3d and Serhii reacted
MitchBaileyCGI
(@mitchbaileycgi)
Topic starter  

I've been making plenty of progress on my model and scene. The latest update can be seen here https://www.mitchbaileycgi.com.au/blog/2017/10/29/hum3d-challenge-update-4

makit3d and Serhii reacted
ReplyQuote