Benjamin RIEUBLAND
Eminent Member
15/11/2017 2:00 pm  

Car Render Challenge 2017 - Bugatti T35

ReplyQuote
Benjamin RIEUBLAND
Eminent Member
16/11/2017 4:25 pm  

small update, windows modified, yellow fog on the ground and i added curtains, tomorrow i finish the textures 🙂

Serhii liked
ReplyQuote
Benjamin RIEUBLAND
Eminent Member
19/11/2017 9:30 pm  

Some test render, let me know what you think about it 🙂

novena liked
ReplyQuote
Benjamin RIEUBLAND
Eminent Member
20/11/2017 10:32 am  

Clay Render

novena liked
ReplyQuote
Benjamin RIEUBLAND
Eminent Member
20/11/2017 11:42 am  

Final Render

In august 1961, James Thomson was going to a classic car meeting in arizona with his amazing Bugatti Type 35, He was buying peanuts in a gas station when he heard on the radio that it occured a big problem in the nuclear reactor 2 miles away from him.

In panic, the collector totally forgot to take the car and just ran away from the incident, Everyone else has been evacuated from this place years ago but the Bugatti is still waiting for help in this high radiation area...

Serhii, novena and Alex liked
ReplyQuote
Alex
 Alex
20/11/2017 6:21 pm  

Hi, I really like the work, especially how the car itself is represented! Buildings (background) are further on the car and therefore blurred.

According to this logic, the wheel that is further from the viewer should also be blurred stronger than the wheel, which is closer to the viewer, and in the picture the on the contrary - why?

ReplyQuote
Benjamin RIEUBLAND
Eminent Member
20/11/2017 7:22 pm  

Thanks so much for your reply, 

When you take a picture with a camera, the lens will focus on something in particular like real eyes, on some cameras you can choose the distance of the focus and the aperture, things far from the limits will be blurred.

In my render, this is the body of the car that is focused so everything else is blurry. I adjusted the aperture for the car as if it was a toy, i think it shows more loneliness for this abandoned car.

Serhii liked
ReplyQuote
Alex
 Alex
20/11/2017 8:09 pm  

Thanks for the quick response! Do you glow with dust particles of radiation - is it done in 3D max or in Photoshop and what is done in the Substance?

ReplyQuote
Benjamin RIEUBLAND
Eminent Member
20/11/2017 9:08 pm  

In Substance i did all the textures (diffuse, glossiness, height, ior, normal, reflection)

I only added a "radioactive" fog  in 3dsmax but it is flattened by the Ao.

In Photoshop i did nothing except the final compositing.

Alex liked
ReplyQuote
Alex
 Alex
21/11/2017 8:11 am  

Thank you very much for your explanations! If possible, please give a link to the lesson on fog  in 3dsmax but it is flattened by the Ao.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3 Prev

Working

Please Login or Register