Notifications
Clear all

3D Weapon Challenge - 03/31/2019

Page 1 / 2

RobMastriano
(@robmastriano)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Made some concepts in Photoshop today and started on the block out.  I wanted to go for a kind of Cyber Punk / Hacker / Scifi Mercenary for the back story of this weapon.   

I am really inspired by Weta Workshop as well as several talented concept designers like Elijah McNeal and The folks at Ryzen Studios.   

I wanted to do this in Blender 2.8 all the way but am just not there yet as far as my knowledge of the software.  (Still a lot more tutorials to watch)  So I am sticking with old faithful Fusion for the time being.  At least until it comes time to do renders, which I will probably do in Evee   Here is what I have so far....  (insert Rick and Morty head shouting "SHOW ME WATCHU GOOOOT!")

Serhii reacted
RobMastriano
(@robmastriano)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I have shifted focus to refine parts from small to large in an effort to get the mechanical internals and functionality figured out.  

First I wanted to make the ammo itself seem more advanced, to fit the time in which the weapon would be used.(dystopian future).  Thus I present....  The .45 Sabot Penetrator.  When advanced body armor or cybernetic enhancements make it hard to drop that THOT (That Hostile Over There), enter your tiny new friend!  The round features fins for in fight stability and a acrylic nose cone, insuring maximum range and accuracy.  But what really makes this bad boy drop bodies is the inverted front complimented by a Tungsten Nitride rod.  Depending on the range of your target, when the round encounters heavy resistance like steal, the inverted nose will act a an energy focus... melting the rod though the barrier.  Like a molten needle 🙂  Think shape charges for breaching metal.  

Second, I decided to take successful features of multiple weapon systems.  Mostly those that are seen is semi-automatic rifles like the M4 (300 blackout obvi) and the AK74.  I am thinking the body and chassis of the AK (reliability) with the gas and mechanics of an M4 (accuracy) in a pistol. 

And if you have read this far.... a Dad joke for your patience....

Q. Why did the scarecrow win an award?

A. Because he was outstanding in his field.

Serhii reacted
ReplyQuote
RobMastriano
(@robmastriano)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

P.S.  >>> Othon, Sam, and Luis... where you at doe?!?!  Best not come half steppin 😛 

ReplyQuote
RobMastriano
(@robmastriano)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/406305536  

Streamed live my modeling process of the weapons internal gas/cycling components

Serhii reacted
ReplyQuote
RobMastriano
(@robmastriano)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

https://www.artstation.com/wraith4six/blog/zjvK/3d-weapon-challenge-03042019

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/407184726

Front end  and frame highpoly updates 🙂

Serhii reacted
ReplyQuote
RobMastriano
(@robmastriano)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Just a few updates.... all around this time.

Settled on a name Gaston's Horcrux. Some of you will get it (those that really do know weapons)... most will not... and thats cool too.  Leave a comment if you were able to figure it out 🙂

Nicholas Lim and Serhii reacted
ReplyQuote
RobMastriano
(@robmastriano)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Started work on an all-in-one personal computing bracer. The idea is to have a phone, bio-metrics reader, computer, gps, etc. in all in one device but more of a tough smart watch than a cell phone like we have today.

Also, tried to start thinking about color pallet. This will accompany my pistol in the final scene for the challenge

ReplyQuote
RobMastriano
(@robmastriano)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I've got nothing interest to convey... its 2:30 AM... feast your eye holes.

Nicholas Lim reacted
ReplyQuote
RobMastriano
(@robmastriano)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Just testing Color varients

jeandiz reacted
ReplyQuote
RobMastriano
(@robmastriano)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Back to figuring out the mechanical functionality of the internals 😛   Not diggin how much I have to thing about this.... 

Made another prop to give my brain a rest

jeandiz, DoJa and Serhii reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2