Clear all

1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302

Page 1 / 3

Universalism
(@pd3d)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hey everyone!

I've wanted to jump into this competition in the past but unfortunately I wasn't able to make the time for it but not this year!

For my car I have chosen the 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302, I'm also fairly certain of the direction I'm going to take for the environment I would like to build for it should time permit, but more on that later!

I'm really looking forward to building this dream car of mine, it is going to be a fun and interesting challenge for me, good luck to all of those involved!

suriel and Serhii reacted
Serhii
(@humster3d)
Estimable Member Admin

Hi, glad to see you on the competition, hope you will have time this year 🙂 Looking forward to see updates, good luck!

ReplyQuote
Universalism
(@pd3d)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Mostly worked on the front end the past few days:

Also the boss gave me permission to borrow one of our spare VRAY dongles from work for the duration of this contest!

Serhii reacted
ReplyQuote
Serhii
(@humster3d)
Estimable Member Admin

Great to see that you make model from a real car - that's cool.

ReplyQuote
Universalism
(@pd3d)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: humster3d

Great to see that you make model from a real car - that's cool.

Thank you, found it at a local hobby lobby store, it is not so great for the details but it is helping me a lot with the proportions.

ReplyQuote
Universalism
(@pd3d)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

ReplyQuote
Universalism
(@pd3d)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Progress was halted for a couple weeks but I am back on the ball now! Exterior modelling i'd guesstimate is 90% done. Going to start on my environment within the next week also.

Serhii reacted
ReplyQuote
Universalism
(@pd3d)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Okay so here is the direction I am taking the environment. I thought about it for a while and decided I wanted to sort of recreate a memory from when me and my little sister would race each other on my scalextric slot racing set when we were kids.

On the right side I am modelling a christmas tree surrounded by presents and on the left I want to either put a fireplace and or windows/door looking out to a snowy night. Ambiance, warmth and excitement are a few things I want to portray in this render.

The car still has some exterior and interior modelling before I move to much further with the environment. I will include a wireframe render next too as I just realized I have not yet shown some polys!

ReplyQuote
Serhii
(@humster3d)
Estimable Member Admin

Nice idea, looking forward to see it done

ReplyQuote
Universalism
(@pd3d)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Quick b/w test with some materials thrown on!

Plan is by the end of the weekend finish up mustang exterior (missing treads, emblems, head/side/fog light details, wiper blades, maybe otherstuff I may have forgotten) then move onto the mustang interior (seats & dashboard will be my first priority) and then the fun part of unwrapping vehicle body so that I can add the traditional decals and stripes. Scene lighting/modelling/texturing stage after.

Serhii reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3