Hi, amazing topic and start, looking forward to see more images. Good luck! By the way, you can win additional prize from RebusFarm for the best oldtimer.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
1. Finishing the high poly:
2. Baking & Texturing part (Substance Designer used)
I made several graphs for the car model. Important surface details were baked into maps which are used with the mid poly car model imported into Substance Designer and later into the gaming engine
(working output texture res on some parts here is low, just not to crash the viewer)
3. Starting environment preparation.
The scene would contain some nature objects.
Bitmap2Material was used to make flower and grass items (PBR calibrated maps from photos of vegetation):
In this way, main atlases for plants were created:
After that, making grass units with SpeedTree:
And a tree in the same manner (still a wip, just to get some composition):
4. With these nature items ready, I started the first assembly in Unreal Engine (Landscape Tool was used to sculpt the base ground shape; lighting, shadows and reflections are still to be adjusted a bit later so the car is some dark):
To be continued with various edits.
Nice result. A lot of work went in to this too by the looks of things 🙂